Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New new job

I've had the opportunity finally to catch up with myself and do a little self reflection on the last couple of months. Boy it's been an interesting ride! I've been through about three different jobs; one that still has not paid me for 8 weeks of work, one that laid me off, and one that only gave me 2 shifts and then 'were not busy enough to give me anymore'. I experienced many different emotions at this time, from despair, hopelessness and anger, to happy optimism and inspiration. I am glad that the worst of it is over, let's just say I am viewing my current circumstances with hesitant optimism. With that being said I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I have a new job(again), which seems to have the most promise out of all my recent work exploits, and I am eager to see if my initial feelings are true. It is a lounge/restaurant on commercial drive, close to my place, and seems to be fairly busy most of the time. They recently renovated the whole place, and it has a good vibe. They have 40 beers on tap and have a ton of flat screens to catch the hockey games and ufc flights. It also looks like the girls make really good tips. I've worked 2 shifts so far and my third is tonight; they said I would be getting a larger section as well which gives me a bigger challenge. So I'm crossing my fingers that the third time(job!) is a charm! I have many goals that I've put on the back burner for too long, due to not having a stable job, so I'm hoping this will enable me to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment