Friday, May 7, 2010

Good hair

So tonight I really wanted to have a nice girls night in....with myself! I've been picking up extra shifts at work, which is fine, but I knew that this would be my last free evening for a couple days, so I thought I would take advantage of it. I ordered takeout; chicken and ribs and spaghetti, anyone? Yummy! OMG, I wouldn't mind a bigger bum but it goes everywhere else too! Guess I'll just have to burn it off during my extra shifts! So I cozied up with the pup with my indulgent meal and set about watching a movie I'd been wanting to see.


 Good hair! It's a Chris Rock documentary about the black hair industry. I know, my first reaction was "Why is Chris Rock doing a documentary about women's hair?" You would be surprised, pleasantly so and simultaneously shocked and saddened. I learned a lot.  I won't go into it. I would just say watch it! It's really funny but also so revealing in that "I had no idea" kind of way. It makes you think even more about where everything comes from, even hair. It's becoming that just being a regular consumer violates about a dozen human rights issues, but I guess that's sort of the point. To make you realize that you do need to educate yourself about everything you put on, in or near your body. Not just for health reasons, but for humane ones. What Food INC did for grocery shopping, Good hair does for black hair. I know it may not be as relevant to you if you don't fit that demograph. But remember, we are all connected. What effects one of us will somehow effect all of us eventually. How many girls of all races do you know now that have extentions or weaves? Probably more than you even realize; they just haven't told you! So it does effect everyone. Just watch it and come to your own conclusions.

Here's the link.

http://www.zshare.net/video/68159157b4adf3fe/

No comments:

Post a Comment