Sunday, October 10, 2010

Long overdue

It's been awhile. Partly for 2 reasons actually. First because my old laptop went to computer heaven so I didn't really have regular access to the internet. Second because I really didn't 'feel' like writing. Do you ever just feel like you have nothing to say? That's writers block for me, I just get in these modes where I don't have anything I want to say. I know, for those of you who know me that's sort of shocking right? Well, it happens to the best of us, right? It's not because I was depressed or anything, I just needed to process things, take a break from my mind; I feel like if I'm going to write I should have something relevant to say,(at least relevant to me) otherwise I shouldn't bother. So I'm going to try.

I read back on blogs I've posted in the past, and I get reminded of all the hopes and dreams and goals I have for myself. What it's made me realize is that I forget very quickly what those goals are unless they are screaming reminders in my face everyday. It's so easy to forget about what you want sometimes, it seems to get lost in the everyday problems of life, work, bills, etc. Time goes by so quickly and then you look back and realize all your dreams have been put on hold by all the bull that gets in the way. How do you manage to do the mundane things that you have to do everyday to survive (ie work) and then still have the drive or time or energy to remember that you need to pursue your passions as well? I guess that's one of the big reasons that I didn't feel like writing. I wasn't doing the things I wanted, wasn't pursuing them. Life goes by very quickly with just your job and school and chores to pass the time. It's like you take the time to look back on it and it's the same old story. I started out with all these goals, and yes I'm on the path to following some of them, but mainly, not so much. I had made a list of all these goals, but I didn't do what I should have with it. I didn't put it in my face. I didn't put it somewhere that I could see it everyday. That's what I need to do, I think that it would help. So that's what I'm going to do. End of story.

In other news, I got another job. It's in yaletown, and it's this great new italian restaurant/lounge called Fiasco. We just opened last week, and it's been going pretty good. We're relatively busy, but I know we'll get busier still, people just need to know we're there and we'll slowly grow from that. We have great food and cocktails plus live music and dj's on the weekend, so it's a great start. Plus I really love all the staff I work with, we have a great little team. Everyone is very experienced in the industry and really passionate about food and people. I'm excited to see where it goes! Come check it out if you're in Vancouver, and let me know how you like it! We are at 1168 Hamilton.

Besides that, I am in school part time. It's only one day, so I still have time for other things. I really need to start banking my christmas money now; I want to go home to saskatchewan this year. It's what I'm looking forward to actually. I haven't been home since last summer so of course I'm starting to get a little homesick. I think it'll do alot to boost my spirits. Yes I like xmas here, but PA is where I grew up and spent most of my holidays. It doesn't feel the same when I'm not home with them on the special days. Just like most families we have our own special traditions and I'm looking forward to that most of all.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone. Hope you have alot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment