Friday, November 19, 2010

Holiday workin'

Well, I must admit, it's been a rough couple of months. I started a new job in september, but being a new business, we are having a little bit of slow opening blues. Ie: we aren't as busy as we'd like to be. With that being said, we have ironed out the major kinks and now have a kick ass menu and chef. We also have some good christmas parties coming in this season, to hopefully keep us busy, and make future steady clientele. I work with a great team of people, and I really do want to stick around and see how far we can go. However, I do have to pick up a second job in the meantime, which kind of has to be my bread and butter job; its really got to put some cash in my wallet until job number one becomes more profitable. Simple, right? Well it seems everyone has the same idea as me right now because the pickings are slim. Either everyone has already done their xmas hiring, or isn't hiring at all. But I am not to be discouraged. Small bit of good news is also that I do have an interview tonight, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that. I know it'll all fall into place soon, but I'm trying to plan for xmas and we all know that costs money! I'm planning to go home to saskatchewan for the holidays, so I need to buy my plane ticket soon, I don't like doing things like that at the last minute! I figure I've got some good karma coming my way, can I redeem it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment