Saturday, February 13, 2010

Drivel...aka Writing Workout Day #1

One thing that I've definetly noticed in the last few years is how much harder it is to write. When I was in high school, writing was such a huge part of my life, I did it every single day. Now, I go days without writing. I don't know why....is it just life in general that prevents this? Just being tired from work and school and the normal stuff? Or is it deeper rooted, a personal writers block, if you will. Sometimes I think it is just pure laziness, not wanting to put in the effort. So much of the time, when I do decide to write, I am impatient for it to be done, such as now. Like, ok, that's enough, I'm tired. Like jeez, I slept for 9 hours last night, there should be no excuse! Maybe it's like working out; you have to do it all the time to stay in shape. Maybe I have to write everyday, even if it's just pure drivel, just to keep the mind sharp. Okaaaay, so that's not a bad idea. Maybe that's what I'll do. So call this writing workout day number one. Not my best work, but so what? I have so many thoughts and opinions, ideas, and things I just want to say. I have the right to be able to express and share them with others. So I guess I should just hurry up and get to it then?

No comments:

Post a Comment