Monday, December 20, 2010

Weird day good and bad

So it's late and I am just winding down from work so this will be short but sweet. First I will start off with the good....I got a second job on friday, which I was so super happy about! It's at a nice restaurant downtown, more details later. So I worked every night this weekend at my banquets job, always until 230 in the morning, which is exhausting, my feet are about to burst into flames! It's very repetitive work, but the staff is usually pretty nice and you get to meet some nice people. So I'm not gonna complain too much about that bc I am so grateful to be working so much, as opposed to barely or not at all like before!
Today though, I did a training shift at 12 in my new job, then went straigh from there to the banquets job until midnight. I knew it was gonna be a long day, but I consoled myself with the fact that I knew I had moonday off to recuperate. The new job seems good so far and everyone there was really nice, so I'm crossing my fingers. They are fully booked on tues night for a big event, so I am working that and I'm hoping for good tips!
So now for the bad. Someone 'took' my phone today at the second job. It was at a big hotel and yes it was kind of my fault bc I was in a hurry and left it in the staff bathroom. But really, the staff bathroom? I mean you know it's an employees phone and u swipe it? My boss said nothing was turned in and even called up to the lost and found or front desk or whatever and nothing was turned in. Yes its a possibility that it might still get turned in but he even called it for me and it went right to voicemail on the first ring. It was fully charged, so to me that says that whoever has it turned it off for whatever reason. I hope they have a conscience and turn it in but I'm not optimistic at this point. It's sad that the world is turning out this way; I mean I know that not everyone would keep it, some would turn it in. It's just funny bc I recently found a phone at a club and I returned it to the owner. They came and picked it up from my house and wanted to give me a small cash reward but I wouldn't take it. I figure karma would appreciate the gesture. Ok, time to pay it forward people, you never know when u might need the good karma! Anyhow I have my old phone still and am going to bell in the morn to activate it. I feel so naked without my phone! So long story short, yeah I guess this isn't such a short blog! Just facebook me if u need to get ahold of me but my phone should be all good by tom afternoon again! Waaahhh my poor blackberry Im going to miss it! Unless of course someone turns it in but Im not holding my breath!
So in tears and feeling dejected, I am trudging to the skytrain and then realize that it's sunday and the last train is at 1215am! No biggie but at the time all I wanted to do was get the heck home as quick as possible as I was exhausted from the 12 hours.I took the bus and it didn't take that long, but it was just funny that I was getting such an ass kicking between that and losing the phone. Suffice it to say I am very happy to be home! Cuddles with dog and sleepytime is in order. My cathartic ramblings are done for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment